Highly successful athletes use coaches to help them reach their higher potential.
The same holds true for global corporate leaders who provide coaching for their employees, knowing that it has the power to transform leaders, teams and entire organizations from good to great. Today, more and more one-on-one development opportunities are spread across leadership levels to achieve a great impact on both the individual and the business, breaking the common stereotype that executive coaching is available only to “the chosen few” or for the “remedial purposes” of an organization.Confidentiality, trust and the ability to speak openly while focusing only on the needs of the coachee
are some of the key benefits that lead executives and senior managers into choosing the assistance of an external coach. Building on these dynamics, we have created a set of high-quality executive coaching programs, including the support, motivation, encouragement, planning and development of the complementary business and leadership skills that senior managers and executives need to achieve their organisational goals and effectively manage teams and stakeholders.And here’s how we do it!
Our culture of establishing a constructive and meaningful relationship with our clients and our coaching expertise pave the way to our executive coaching approach, which is underlined by
- Our clear focus to achieve the most outstanding results.
- Our dedication to having a transformational approach to coaching rather than a transactional one. This means that our coaches work on the systemic level of analysis as well as on the levels of behavior, mindset and beliefs, elements that highlight the difference between short-term results and long-term, meaningful transformations.
Our executive coaching approach is designed to focus on raising corporate performance by raising the performance of leadership. Our methodology helps executives:
- Recognize current challenges and understand their implications on personal effectiveness
- Recognize and understand their own behaviors and attitudes
- Recognize and understand behaviors of key colleagues
- Understand major drivers of executive performance within their organisation
- Understand how to work in a way that will maximize the effectiveness of their business
Our leadership coaching rrocess
Leadership coaching is not about fixing something that is broken; it is about using a collaborative process to unleash the full potential of an individual or team and help already successful people be the best they can be.
Our approach to leadership coaching is to tailor our work to the individual needs of every client, through an ongoing partnership that is designed to help them produce optimal results. Even though each leadership coaching experience can be different, our team follows the same high-level framework as outlined below:
Introductory conversation to discuss initial goals, review expectations and determine how working together will produce the desired results.
To clarify the current situation, explain the leadership approach and provide context over the coaching work. The type and scale of assessment that we conduct varies according to the needs of our client. We may use standard personality / behavioral style profiles or a 360 leadership survey. Typically, we will conduct confidential interviews with key stakeholders, direct reports and peers of the leader being coached to gain qualitative feedback and engagement in the process. We may also conduct a more extensive organizational assessment to provide a broader and more comprehensive perspective.
Assessment results review and goal setting
This is a collaborative process between the coach and the leader; it builds awareness, clarifies the goals of the coaching program and defines the “what and how” of the leadership coaching process. We may also include other stakeholders in this process to review assessment results and set expectations and goals.
Leadership coaching sessions
In the coaching relationship, it is the client who sets the agenda and the coach who manages the process. The coach will bring an external perspective and provide feedback, while serving as an objective sounding board to keep the client focused and on track. This process generates unique types of discussion and helps us achieve greater levels of insight and accountability, leading to better decisions and actions.
The iTechScope Coaching programs are held over a period of 3 to 12 months, depending on the goals and desired results, and are conducted on a weekly basis - once or twice a month- depending on schedules and needs. In between scheduled coaching sessions, the client will complete specific actions that support integrated learning and the achievement of defined goals. The coach may provide additional resources in the form of relevant articles, checklists, assessments or models to support thoughts and actions.
Leadership coaching sessions are conducted through video calls or in person, depending on the requirements of the client.
Overall review and evaluation
Throughout the coaching process, we provide our clients with regular reports on their coaching progress and status, including trends, progress data and recommendations, always respectful to coaching confidentiality. The coaching progress is reviewed and evaluated on a regular basis to help us determine our next mutual steps.
The formal coaching process ends when the desired goals have been achieved.
Benefits of executive coaching
- Heightened self-awareness
- Improved self-regulation
- Higher levels of empathy
- Boost in cognition at work
- Increased levels of motivation
- Better social skills
- Improved leadership abilities
- Empowerment and motivation of staff members
- Better communication and listening skills
- Boost of confidence and assertiveness
- Heightened levels of emotional intelligence
- Receiving individualized attention from your coach
- Having plenty of opportunities to test drive new skills until they become second nature
The most critical factor that determines a successful outcome for the executive leadership coaching is the readiness of the client to:
- Be dedicated to move forward
- Learn, grow and to perform at their best
- Be open to new approaches and motivated to change
- Be willing to solicit feedback and support from others
- Be ready to invest time and energy in achieving the desired results
Through increased planning and communication, executive coaching ensures that talent flows where it should, ultimately promoting enduring shared success for the organization and the individual.