On behalf of our client, a leading Financial, Banking, and Investment Management Software Provider in Greece, with a presence in 45 countries and offices in key financial centers, we are looking for a well-grounded and self-motivated DevOps Engineer to join their team of professionals in Athens.
A day in the life of a DevOps Engineer
As DevOps Engineer, you will primarily be responsible for the IT operation of the production environment to ensure business continuity of our Software as a Services solution.
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Coordination and communication within the team and with customers
- Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management and the customer
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- On-call duties to ensure business continuity
What you will need
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 3+ years of professional experience working with development and/or as an DevOps engineer
- Knowledge in general programming and scripting is a must
- Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project
- You are curious and a fast learner to adapt to new tools and technics.
- Overall understanding of network security is a must.
- Broad understanding of tools and technologies such as Git, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes are much appreciated
- Knowledge of Cloud deployment like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud is appreciated
- Experience in infrastructure frameworks such as IBM MQ, SFTP, SQL DBA is a bonus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information, both orally and in writing in
We love your personality if you
- Have the ability to work effectively as part of an international team with constant cooperation and interaction
- Are willing to learn new things and be trained
- Are positive and patient
- Are comfortable with Agile Methodologies
Excellent opportunity to become part of a dynamic team within a fast-paced and growing sector and gain knowledge from the market leader of Financial, Banking, and Investment Management Software. With a multinational presence and the opportunity to multicultural exposure and continuous training and development, this position is a stepping stone for an aspirated and driven professional.