On behalf of our client, a leading European company pioneering the use of Big Data in genetic analysis, key partner of big hospital chains across Europe with HQs in Lausanne and offices in Athens, we are currently looking for a self-motivated and high-reliable Linux Systems Administrator to join its experienced and skilled team of professionals based in Athens.
You will design, implement and monitoring system infrastructure and collaborate with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes. You will become an integral part of the team, making every problem of the platform a problem of your own, and solving them accordingly.
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions
- Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a similar position
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related IT discipline.
- Experience with Linux servers
- Familiarity with Linux scripting languages or any scripting languages (e.g. bash, python)
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as MySQL, nginx, uwsgi, etc.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as KVM
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Genuine interest in emerging technologies
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Eagerness to grow and learn
- Focus on detail
- Team player
You will have the opportunity to work with one of the global leaders in the sector and participate in major projects for high end operators in UK, USA, Balkans, Latin America and other exciting destinations, alongside aspirated professionals, with cutting edge technologies and unlimited access to knowledge.