On behalf of our client, a leader in UK’s freelance marketplace, we are currently looking for a self- driven Senior Back-End Engineer, to join its development team.
A day in the life of a Senior Back-End Engineer
You will be part of a purpose-driven business, empowering people worldwide build their business from scratch. You will be working in a product-oriented company that provides UK business with expert freelance talent on-demand. Also, you will be working on dynamic and autonomous teams, organized with best practices and agile methodologies. You will be using cutting edge technologies, in an environment that endorses experimentation!
- Design, develop, test, and maintain applications
- Write code that interacts with several databases
- Actively contribute to company’s core application
- Optimize the product to deliver the best performance and experience to users
- Work on handful of services and serverless applications
- 5 years of experience in OOP PHP and Composer
- Experience with at least 1 PHP framework (preferably Laravel and/or Yii)
- Good knowledge of MYSQL database, bonus any experience in ElasticSearch
- Experience with REST and JSON API
- Experience with Git and Docker
- Experience or interest in Agile environment is also considered a plus
- Enjoy staying updated with all the latest technology trends
- Think analytically and methodically with attention to detail
- Are a problem-solver that applies good practices
- Are resourceful and ownership taker
You will be provided with the chance to work completely remote, or in the 2 offices of the company, based in Athens and London. You will receive a very competitive salary with an annual pay review that will provide you with extra benefits. You will also have access to enrichment opportunities and you will be part of a diverse team that shares a common goal.