On behalf of our client, one of the biggest banks in Greece, we are currently looking for a self-driven Senior Mainframe Engineer, to join its IT division.
A day in the life of a Senior Mainframe Engineer
You will be responsible for administering the Unisys ClearPath Series Dorado Mainframe infrastructure hosting the retail banking portfolio. You must be self-motivated, with strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills. You should possess the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Administering Unisys ClearPath series Dorado Mainframe from development, integration, UAT, preprod, to Production and Disaster environments
- Configure and maintain systems and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Suggest system architecture design improvements for performance optimization
- Set up system backup policies and perform system backup/restore operations
- Perform maintenance operations daily, weekly, and monthly for ensuring efficient systems operations
- Interact with other Unisys Technical stuff, team members and cross-IT staff on support and project activities
- Monitoring via embedded tools (Sightline) the system infrastructure and generate reporting on system health and performace
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution
What you will need
- Bachelor Degree in Information technology, Computer Science or any other relevant technical-oriented field
- 5+ years professional experience on Unisys 2200 operating system and relevant mainframe infrastructure
- Training in Unisys OS 2200 Rel 16 and certification are highly desirable
- Strong understanding of system administration best practices, storage and backup concepts.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Knowledge of high available techniques virtualization architecture (Unisys Software Series architecture)
We love your personality if you
- act like an owner
- constantly raise the bar
- enjoy being a Team player
What’s in it for you
A very competitive package, depending on level of experience. You will have the opportunity to work in a motivating and nice environment which invests on its people.