About the role
On behalf of our client, a pioneering software house specializing in state-of-the-art technology products and solutions related to Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Αnalytics, we are searching for a Bioinformatics Scientist to join their high-caliber team.
A day in the life of a Bioinformatics Scientist
As a Bioinformatician you will have a significant contribution in bioinformatics projects on collecting and processing omics data, building integration pipelines, and performing analysis by using AI/ML and Big Data technologies. You will be analyzing next-generation sequencing data and you will be reporting to the Bioinformatics Team Leader.
Professionals working abroad who are willing to relocate to Greece, are highly welcome.
Your day to day
- Development of bioinformatics pipelines, and machine-learning algorithms to analyze omics data, especially focused on the microbiome (metagenome, 16S) and meta-transcriptome
- Design and implementation of automated integration pipelines and other computational workflows to facilitate omics analysis as part of an enterprise-level system solution
- Prepare technical reports with bioinformatics-related plots and graphs
- Produce well-written, well-documented, and reliable software components
- Evaluate new technologies while keeping up to date with technological developments in relevant areas
- Work as part of the cross-functional team
- Mentor, train, and develop team members
What you will need
- Μinimum 3+ years working experience as Bioinformatician
- MS degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Computer Science or a related field.
- Proficiency with current bioinformatics tools and databases for interpretation of omics sequencing data
- Experience in building and testing automated multi-omics data analysis pipelines, especially for NGS and microbiome data
- Experience in bioinformatics system design (compute, data, application layers) for data and compute-intensive applications
- Proficiency in Python and Linux
- Familiarity with High-Performance Computing and cloud computing systems
Great to have
- D. and prior research experience
- Experience with microbiome data sets and metagenomics
- Experience in R
We love your personality if you
- have a genuine interest in emerging technologies
- have excellent communication and team working skills
- are ambitious and a real problem-solver
- are eager to grow and learn
- are an initiative taker with attention to detail and critical thinking
What’s in it for you
A very competitive package, depending on level of experience. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work in a motivating environment as well as on a global-scale project related to the AI world.