About the role
On behalf of our client, a European Data Leader, we are currently looking for a skilled Database Administrator to join their high-caliber infrastructure team and to assist to the systems maintenance and optimization.
A day in the life of a Database Administrator
You will be an expert in Databases administration principles and able to demonstrate a good knowledge on MySQL databases. You must be driven, hard-working and passionate about databases. You are committed to produce high quality services.
- Design, setup and configure the DB infrastructure
- Setup, monitor and maintain a high performance and availability setup with multiple Read Replicas, Load balancing and fail-over balancing like ProxySQL for ex, data warehousing, query and tables optimizing
- Monitor and optimize relational database performance, security, access VPN connectivity and redundancy, manage database user account creation, access and permissions.
- Work closely with our Lead Software Engineer who is leading our technology team to Analyze and resolve database user incidents- needs.
- Perform operations in a way that the impact on database downtime is minimized following company’s and customers’ standard procedures
- Perform and monitor backup/restore procedures
What you will need
- 4+ years of professional experience as DBA role, in production relational databases (MySQL, SQL, MariaDB)
- Expertise on MySQL servers from scratch in Linux oriented systems like CentOS
- Configuring and Optimizing MySQL servers, tables, queries
- Deep knowledge of SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services, SQL Analysis
- Solid exposure to ETL processes
- Excellent command of English (written & verbal)
We love your personality if you
- Are critical thinker
- Are technology driven and team player
- Have excellent communication skills
- Strong desire to keep learning, growing and teaching
- Have ownership and take initiatives
What’s in it for you
You will become member of a friendly and positive working environment which promotes high quality services! A competitive benefits package accompanied with multicultural environment will help you to advance your professional career.