About the role
On behalf of our client, a dynamic Customer Engagement platform, used by hundreds of companies active in omnichannel retail, food retail, banking, travel, we are currently looking for a super aspirated Front End Engineer - remote, to join its software development team.
A day in the life of a Front End Engineer
Your job will be to make our platform prettier, easier and faster for both consumers and retailers. However, this position will have a focus on the segmentation of our platform to purpose-specific microservices. This does not mean that you will miss the creative part of being a front end developer, as you will be also assisting in the provision and improvement of new and existing features is also part of the job,
- Lead the migration of our platform to microservices, starting from designing their structure and reaching until their implementation
- Automate front end testing, using a set of automated testing tools
- Take part in the entire design process of new features and improvements, from concept to launch: storyboards, user flows, mockups, prototypes, and pixel perfect assets
- Care about writing clean, maintainable and efficient code, following the guidelines and processes that are established across all product teams.
- Review, test and debug code written by other team members, as part of our deployment process
What you will need
- 2 years of experience as a front end developer or be able to demonstrate that you know how to write good, clean, structured code
- Structuring and building microservices
- PHP will also be needed, even though you will not be writing a lot of it
- Experience in defining automated tests and configure automated testing tools to increase testing efficiency
- Experience in version control (Git preferably) and knowledge of continuous delivery/deployment techniques
Great to have
- Basic principles and guidelines in building User Interfaces that are easy to be used and a good understanding of what UX is and how it is explored.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Understanding of RESTful API, implementation, and maintenance
- Experience with MVC development frameworks and cascading modularity
We love your personality if you
- Have a positive attitude with a creative, solution-driven mindset
- Are driven, hard-working and passionate about developing web and mobile apps.
- Are committed to producing high-quality code and delivering to deadlines.
- Have good communication and a good sense of humor a bonus!
- Love Brutal honesty
- Act like an owner
- Constantly raise the bar
- Enjoy being a Team player
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary, enriched with objective-based bonuses that contribute to your salary
- Work from anywhere culture
- Ongoing training in new technologies and new fields you want to explore
- A platform with scale-up challenges that are hard to find in a company… if you do like challenges
- Equipment and any other type of setup (i.e. home office) that that matches the requirements of your daily routine
- The opportunity to satisfy your curiosity by being actively involved in more than just development and coding
- The chance to be a member of the team that built a product for the global market