QA Automation EngineerQA Test Automation Engineer
On behalf of our client, one of the largest multinational sports betting and gaming companies, we are currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated QA Engineer to join one of the company’s product teams in a rapid development environment.
A day in the life of a QA Automation Engineer
You will be an expert in in Agile Development and Testing, and able to demonstrate a good knowledge of creating bespoke and customised automated testing solutions across highly complex, high transactional Sportsbook systems.
- Creation of accurate and high-level test cases, automation scripts, and plans in agreement with Product and BA teams that will be maintained throughout the project lifecycle and will be provided to customer teams for ongoing deployments
- Reporting on levels of test coverage and quality metrics across associated projects
- Provision of accurate documentation for use by the customers, product teams, and internal support.
- Providing test reports on a regular agreed basis that detail testing progress, issues, and risks
- Working closely with the Test Leads to act as a feature/system owner for automation development tasks
- In conjunction with the development/delivery teams, owning the preparation and execution of test plans and test scripts to validate new environments, upgrades, and releases
- Demonstrating the business condition(s) under test and the expected results, and ensuring test cases reflect product requirements
- Providing mentoring and coaching to junior members of staff
What you will need
- 3+ years of experience of using test tools both enterprise and open source
- BSc or equivalent in IT/Engineering/Scientific or related discipline and professional experience of minimum of two years in IT
- Demonstrable ability to define and construct automated test cases to a high level (e.g. using Gherkin / Cucumber, Selenium, QTP or Postman etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and procedures
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Experience with various development methodologies; Agile, TDD or Waterfall
We love your personality if you
- Opinionated, especially about quality
- Are a great communicator with good interpersonal skills
- constantly raise the bar
- enjoy being a Team player
What’s in it for you
A very competitive package, depending on level of experience. You will have the opportunity to work in an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace.