About the role
On behalf of our client, a leading digital transformation agency, based in the UK, we are looking for a Lead Java Engineer to join its software development team.
A day in the life of a Lead Java Engineer
As a Lead Engineer, you'll be at the heart of any project you work on. You’ll have a specialism in Back-End technologies but use much broader technical experience to help steer your project team. You may bring a unique depth of knowledge in a specific topic, or you may have a breadth of expertise across many aspects of software development.
- You will help define how some of the world’s biggest organisations use technology to drive their businesses.
- At a senior level, your remit reaches beyond your project.
- Develop new features and functionality for high transaction, large scale websites.
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices. Identify and address performance bottlenecks in the software
- Writing reliable tests and review others’ code to help keep the bugs out
- Working as a part of a self-organizing SCRUM team to develop new features and functionality for high volume, large scale websites.
- You’ll build market-leading products, typically within a team of 2-3 other engineers.
What you will need
- 5+ years’ experience and knowledge of Java
- You have demonstrable experience of building backend APIs and microservices.
- You have experience working with at least one cloud provider to build and deliver solutions.
- Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly
- You also have a solid understanding of common microservice architecture patterns such as, integration patterns, networking, event based architectures as well as source control and testing frameworks.
- Ability to work with cross-functional multicultural teams
- Scrum agile methodologies experience
We love your personality if you
- have agile mentality
- are open to change
- want to share your knowledge
- enjoy being a team player
What’s in it for you
A very competitive package, depending on level of experience. You will have the opportunity to work in a motivating and multicultural environment as well as on a global scale project.