About the role
On behalf of our client, a cloud-first digital multinational company using cutting-edge technologies with a broad clientele in over 70 countries worldwide, we are currently looking for a self-driven Senior .NET Software Engineer, to join its software development team.
A day in the life of a Senior .NET Software Engineer
We pride ourselves on the quality of the products & solutions that we build for our customers, which are now available in over 70 countries worldwide.
Our platform is hosted on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform and we use technologies like SQL Azure, Serverless Azure Functions, Cosmos DB, Azure Synapse Analytics and MVC & Web API solutions to build and bring our eCommerce products to market.
We delight in the quality of our team and the high bar which we set for ourselves. The successful candidate will be a passionate full stack developer, keen to work on front-end, middle-ware, back-end and data-oriented projects. They will enjoy working on a variety of project types in fast-paced agile engineering team where continuous learning is paramount.
- Design & develop the next generation of cloud hosted products to our client
- Work in an agile team following the agile SCRUM methodology and actively participate in that process
- Deliver high quality, tested, peer-reviewed code through our Git/CI/DevOps process and take an active role in that process to ensure that quality is maintained throughout the team
- Take ownership of the end-to-end delivery of component and product releases
- Show continuous improvement of your skills and a willingness to constantly learn and work with the latest and greatest cloud technologies
- Demonstrate your pride and ownership of the end-to-end product, while maintaining an extremely high quality definition for “Done”
What you will need
- 8+ years commercial experience using C# (.NET Framework or .NET Core)
- Excellent knowledge of OOP, OO design, SOLID principles and modern .NET programming patterns
- Experience developing with SQL Server or another relational database (Oracle, MySQL) or working with ORM technology such as Entity Framework or NHibernate
- Develop functional and non-functional requirements in collaboration with our product owners
- Mentor more junior members of the team, championing agile delivery processes and end-to-end quality
- Take an active role in the continued improvement of the various processes and services which support our engineering team (Platform automation, DevOps processes, Agile processes etc.)
Great to have
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related STEM field of study
- Experience working with a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google App Engine)
We love your personality if you
- enjoy being a Team player
- act like an owner
- constantly raise the bar
What’s in it for you
A very competitive package, depending on level of experience. You will have the opportunity to work in a motivating and multicultural environment as well as on innovative projects.